KFRQ (94.5 FM) is a radio station broadcasting an active rock format.
The station began around 1970 as easy listening station KELT-FM and was co-owned with KGBT AM and Television. Some of the TV personalities such as anchorman Frank “FM” Sullivan and weathercaster Larry James hosted music programs on the station. Frank’s wife Hilda Sullivan would anchor locally produced newsbreaks called “Micronews.” The station would soon automate and update the programming to adult contemporary using Drake Cheanult’s “Hit Parade” The station would later change to country music as “K-Frog.” and would on March 1, 1992 change its call sign to the current KFRQ,.
People behind the Scenes
- Alex Duran Radio Program Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeanice Gonzalez – Integrated Marketing Solutions email@example.com
- Anthony Acosta – Interactive Creative Director firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monica Quintanilla – Promotions Director email@example.com
- Angela Navarrete – SVP Integrated Marketing Solutions firstname.lastname@example.org